The team at Valkyrie is proud to report that the momentum of 2021 has continued into the new year, with growth, focus, and impact punctuating the first quarter of 2022. We have updates across the board, from exciting new projects in the commercial and government spheres to successful investment operations, social impact initiatives, racing technology, and even products that we have incubated internally. Let’s dig in!
Valkyrie Intelligence – Core R&D and Services Operations
- We are deep into a major engagement with SiriusXM to bring incredible features and new capabilities to their platform.
- We continue our service to the Department of Defense by developing cutting-edge supply chain optimization, and the continued development of our NLU/NLG tool; codenamed PANGEA.
- Partnering with Lonestar Lunar, we have designed the first knowledge graph to be deployed on the surface of the moon in a bespoke compute system. This incredible advancement in technology will allow us to perform graph operations for the planet’s most sensitive and important information.
- We have developed new techniques for crypto-mining at scale that we are currently deploying with our partners in two primary sites, with many additional sites coming online later this year.
Valkyrie Investment Operations
- Our newest venture, Valkyrie Capital Labs, generates, funds, and deploys investment theses based on alternative data and machine learning algorithms. Our team will take the Valkyrie IP we have developed internally over the years, pair that IP with bespoke algorithms and alternative data, and test theses for fund development. We have an exciting team of investors who we will discuss more with a press release this quarter as we exit stealth mode on the operation.
- Valkyrie Vertex, our AI-powered venture fund of funds has had a number of positive updates, validating our approach and the science behind our selection process. We are set to finish fundraising for Vertex by Q3 of 2022.
Valkyrie Virtue – Social Impact Update
- Valkyrie has partnered with the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation for the next 3 years, providing support for their incredible candidates. This will deepen our relationship with NASA, the larger astronaut community, and most importantly young STEM talent in need of financial assistance. I personally was honored to speak at the Apollo 16 50th Anniversary as we celebrated the inspiration of these American heroes.
- Our relationship with Huston-Tillotson University continues to blossom, with our team providing several lectures to the business school at HTU, as well as partnerships on the development of AI curricula. We have developed a real fervor for the team at HTU and look forward to the variety of ways we will partner together.
- Valkyrie’s own Liz Coufal was honored this quarter as a finalist for Austin’s Rising Change-maker award. We are so proud of her efforts, her team, and the incredible impact they are having on the community.
Valkyrie Velocity – Racing Operations
- We have solidified our partnership with United Autosports providing the top echelon of AI/ML talent to the pinnacle of motorsports. I am very excited about the technical relationship we have formed with Richard Dean and Zak Brown to ensure that #22 and #23 stay leading the grid as we travel across the U.S. as well as Le Mans, Monza, Spa, Bahrain, and Fuji!
- We are continuing our successful partnership with OGH Racing as the guys in orange and blue race take aim at the SRO championship in their beautiful new Porsche 718 GT4 Clubsport MRs.
- Finally, we are super proud of the team at DeForce that will fly the wings on the side pods of their Formula 4 cars, as we seek to defend our multi-year championship success. We’re entering our third year partnering with David and Ernesto, and couldn’t be happier about their team development and progress.
- We had a fantastic showing at SXSW this year, where I spoke on the evolving nature of ML in industry, and hosted a panel regarding the application of AI to venture investing.
- Additionally, we hosted an event to mark the kickoff of our new venture VCL which was a knockout success. A huge thanks goes out to our Growth team for their fantastic efforts.
As you can see we’re firing on all cylinders at Valkyrie, both figuratively and literally. We live our mantra of “always progressing, never regressing” daily, and continue to transform the world around us through science. Our operations continue to gain momentum and success as we build a culture around rigorous science and inspiring values. Stay tuned for more updates throughout the quarter, particularly around the success we’re having with our investment operations.